Child Safe Standards
In response to the recommendations in ‘Betrayal of Trust’ Report, there are new regulations surrounding child safety, which are underpinned by the Child Safe Standards.
The Child Safe Standards are:
- Standard 1- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including thorough effective leadership arrangements
- Standard 2- A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- Standard 3- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Standard 4- Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
- Standard 5- Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Standard 6- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove the risk of abuse
- Standard 7- Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children
At St Albans Primary School there is a culture of ‘no tolerance’ for child abuse.
As of August 1 2016 all schools need to comply with the Child Safe Standards.
Our School Policies and Supporting Documentation:
Mandatory Reporting Policy